You’ve created a life! You are a powerhouse.
Realize that this is at once the hardest job on the planet and the most rewarding. Our bodies can change, adapt and change back. Celebrate that! You are an amazing women and you’re going to be an amazing mother. We don’t all get it right, but we do better each and every day.
As Molly Cerreta Smith points out in her article at www.sheknows.com “Becoming a mother is a selfless act with countless rewards.”
Some great things to do for yourself include:
- Make a list of all the things you enjoyed doing before you were a Mother. So, some of them you may not get back to for a while. But, you want that list to remind you of who YOU are.
- Buy yourself a beautiful robe or comfortable workout gear – it can be the easiest thing to wear post pregnancy and the most flattering. (The workout gear, not the robe )
- Get your hair, nails, toes done. It’ll truly make you feel beautiful.
- If you haven’t already, get your pregnancy photos done. Love your body and the creation you’ve made
- Meet a good friend for a cup of tea at Starbucks or a local hangout. Catch up on all the going-ons.
How do you celebrate yourself?